Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Programs Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing and implementing WINGS programs related to Knowledge Management, Advocacy and Thought Leadership, Strategic Communication. She/He will keep a birds-eye view of the program operations, monitor and report on progress and evaluation. The Programs Coordinator will collaborate with other members of the staff who are involved in programs and communications.
The programs coordinator will be responsible for related programs, including:
– Enabling environment for philanthropy: track changes globally, identify best advocacy practices, collaborate with key actors and global civil society networks, strengthen information and capacity of WINGS network on issues such as crossborder giving and regulatory environment for philanthropy, develop common network positions, foster peer learning.
– Make the case for the development of philanthropy: build knowledge on the impact of organizations supporting philanthropy and share best practices, engage funders in supporting the field, provide thought leadership for the sector.
– Knowledge, data, institutional communication: publication of reports about global philanthropy; monitoring of trends in global philanthropy, development of evaluation framework and other relevant tools for philanthropy support organizations; dissemination of information, case studies, innovations and best practices; development of a culture and practice of data collection and sharing; branding related projects.
Main areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
– Manage and implement related projects, including budget monitoring, consultants’ management, WINGS network engagement.
– Prepare project proposals and reports.
– Work closely with members, key partners, and committees to:
understand their needs,
collect, organize and disseminate data on philanthropy,
produce reports and carry out other research projects.
– Maintain and develop WINGS Knowledge Center.
– Support the design of and implement the institutional communication strategy, including branding and website design.
– Organize international peer learning events, online meetings and webinars.
– Increase awareness of WINGS´ mission and position the organization as a thought leader and key stakeholder in infrastructure for philanthropy.
– Represent WINGS at international conferences, seminars, exhibitions, etc., when deemed necessary.
This is a full time position based in Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil with immediate occupancy (candidates based in another city with capacity to travel regularly to Sao Paulo will be considered but not prioritized). A successful candidate will have the following:
Fluency in English, including solid writing skills. Other languages are appreciated, in particular Spanish. Solid analytical skills. Experience in knowledge management, in quantitative and qualitative research is an important asset. Experience in advocacy, strategic communication, campaigning. Knowledge about global civil society issues, trends, actors, and challenges is an important asset. Self-motivated with solid organizational skills to manage multiple projects. Ability to work independently and as a member of team; strong interpersonal ability. Global mindset: openness to and awareness of cultural and geographic diversity. Experience abroad, or working with international partners. Proficiency in the use of computers and database systems. Knowledge of website maintenance, latest information technology, social media and online meetings is welcome. A minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant professional experience. MA degree or equivalent. Valid residence permit to work in Brazil, valid passport and availability to travel internationally.
How to Apply
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and a résumé in English as well as your salary expectations, as PDF attachments by e-mail to Juliana Mendes email@example.com. The position is to be filled as soon as possible. Consideration will begin as soon as applications are received, and the position will remain open until filled.