São Paulo, March 29, 2018
WINGS is a global network of organizations that support philanthropy headquarted in Sao Paulo, Brazil. With around 100 members from 40 countries, WINGS contributes to
strengthening, promoting and providing leadership on the development of philanthropy and social investment around the world.
TITLE Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO Executive Director
FUNCTION Implement and help develop communications strategies for all of WINGS communications channels (site, social media, CRM, …). Develop content to strengthen the way the organization communicates with a range of different international stakeholders including but not limited to: international foundations, experts and researchers in the field of philanthropy, global civil society networks, multilateral organizations.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Guide the improvement of WINGS’ brand and institutional communications
– Advise on institutional communication strategy;
– Design relevant institutional communications materials;
Handle day-to-day communications with WINGS’ network
– Develop stories and news for the website collected from staff and from WINGS network, and post regular updates as requested: WINGS current activities (i.e.: webinars, meetings, launch of reports).
– Curate WINGS blog: elaborate and edit content (interviews, profiles, articles, …) based on WINGS staff and network contributions;
– Strengthen WINGS social media presence: find relevant news stories for each of WINGS social media and customize written and visual contents.
Support program and development activities:
– Help define dissemination plans for publications and other WINGS products, communication components of international events such as WINGSForum, and curate content of the WINGS newsletter.
– Monitor international media and specialized philanthropy media as well as WINGS’ network communications to keep abreast of relevant stories and trends in the field of philanthropy.
Supervise consultants (designers, printers, etc.), possibly interns
Monitor communications’ results and outreach monitoring:
– Proceed to regular analytical reports on social media and other channels outreach in order to inform WINGS’ communications strategy and improve its scope and reach.
– Support WINGS members with advice and guidance on communication strategies and tools.
– Participate in WINGS events and activities. May imply international travels.
The candidate must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience in communications for a civil society organization or a media outlet;
Fluent English necessary – native speakers preferred;
Strong communication skills, oral and written;
Knowledge about philanthropy, social investment and giving sector is an
Self-motivated, flexible and proactive;
International work experience is an asset;
Proficiency in the use of computers, database systems, website maintenance, and the latest information technology;
Experience in managing social media tools and content;
Creative, adaptable and autonomous;
Global mindset: openness to and awareness of cultural and geographic diversity.
Office is located on Faria Lima, São Paulo (working from another place in Brazil can be discussed).
Benefits: VR and health insurance
Starting date: as soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, a résumé and your salary expectations, as PDF attachments by e-mail to Rebecca Soragni, email@example.com. Consideration will begin as soon as applications are received, and the position will remain open until filled.