Executive Director Position Worldwide Initiatives for Grantmaker Support
Download the description here: FINAL Job_Posting_Executive Director Position April 19, 2016
Worldwide Initiatives for Grantmaker Support (WINGS), registered as a public charity in the USA, is going through a succession process in its leadership team and is looking for a new Executive Director to be based in Sao Paulo, Brazil. WINGS is now inviting applications for the position. The successful candidate must be available to start by September 1, 2016.
Executive Director, Worldwide Initiatives for Grantmaker Support (WINGS)
Overall purpose of position:
As the senior staff person, the Executive Director will promote the vision and mission of WINGS, lead strategic planning efforts with the Board, secure appropriate funding, and implement WINGS activities and programs.
September 1, 2016
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Accountable to the WINGS Board of Directors, the successful candidate will:
- Lead strategic planning with the Board; make recommendations on activities and programs and their effective implementation, governance and management, and outreach and networking.
- Secure funds, with assistance from the Board, from a diverse range of supporters, and manage the budget which is around $1 million USD annually.
- Select staff and consultants; oversee their work and conduct performance appraisals.
- Ensure effective implementation and evaluation of WINGS activities and programs.
- Maintain strong relationships with WINGS’ member organizations, funders, and others interested in WINGS through effective communications and participation in relevant events.
- Build the visibility of WINGS and undertake outreach to prospective WINGS members.
- Oversee planning and implementation of the WINGSForum, a flagship event convening members every three years.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a diverse constituency to a shared vision.
- Understanding of and experience in working with diverse cultures and sectors and the needs and interests of a global network such as WINGS, preferably in both the Global South and North. Experience working abroad would be an advantage.
- Successful experience as a senior leader in a nonprofit organization; experience in a foundation or an international development agency would be an asset.
- Experience with a membership association, support organization or network is important.
- Proven success in generating funds from a diverse range of sources, including public and private donors and sponsors.
- Solid experience in planning, management, strategic thinking and facilitation
- Knowledge about trends and issues in philanthropy.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Fluency in English, with a working knowledge of Portuguese; ability in other languages, especially Spanish, would be an advantage.
- Availability for extensive travel, with ability to obtain necessary visas for all parts of the world.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree desirable.
WINGS is committed to offering compensation (salary and benefits) that is commensurate with experience and within the range offered to Executive Directors of major organizations in Brazil. Candidates may wish to indicate their salary expectations in their letter of application. Support for relocation will be available.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the qualifications listed above may apply in confidence by email only to Heitor Mello Peixoto, Director Executive Search, Stato at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send only a cover letter and a resume – no other attachments. Please send your materials in English only.
All applications will be acknowledged. Only those invited for a phone interview (in May), which is the first step in the process, will be contacted further. Following phone interviews, those selected for an in-person interview will need to be available for international travel during the week of June 27, 2016. Interview travel costs will be covered.
Please make sure your letter and resume are received no later than May 13, 2016.