- Our Executive Director, Helena Monteiro, announced this month that she will be leaving her post at WINGS. We are extremely grateful for her hard work and contribution – you can read her statement here.
- Thank you to over 60% of our members who have paid their dues! We are extending the deadline for membership to April 29th. Rejoin now! Email Sarah at email@example.com to rejoin and for any questions.
- We are excited to announce that Dr. Atallah Kuttab, who served as Chair of the WINGS Board for the last three years, has been elected as Chair Emeritus. Dr. Kuttab, a global leader in the philanthropy and social investment fields, first became involved with WINGS in 2006 and has contributed greatly to the growth and development of the organization. We are greatly appreciative of the continued partnership and support we will be receiving from Dr. Atallah Kuttab as Chair Emeritus. You can find his complete bio here.
- The dates for WINGSForum 2017 have been confirmed! Be sure to save the date – Wednesday, February 22nd to Friday, February 24th, 2017.
Two fantastic reports have been added to the Knowledge Center this month!
- Form and Function: A View of the Financial and Operational Practices of South African Private Philanthropic Foundations
- Private Funds for Social Transformation: Philanthropy and Private Social Investment in Latin America Today
There are several events this month from the WINGS network!
The Beginning of Life: Filmed in 18 cities across 9 countries and featuring interviews that include early childhood experts across the world, Filmed in 18 cities across 9 countries and featuring interviews that include early childhood experts across the world, The Beginning of Life is much more than a documentary. Inspiring and informative, it showcases child development issues in a new and touching way. The Beginning of Life will be publicly released in May 2016. Principal film sponsors include Maria Cecilia Souto Vidigal Foundation, Bernard van Leer Foundation, Alana Institute, and UNICEF.
- In Movement – 20 Years of Social Investment in Brazil, A documentary by GIFE – now with English subtitles!
- AVPN Conference in Hong Kong: Hong Kong, May 23-25th.
- The WINGS Data Charter Meeting: Amman, Jordan – May 30-31st.
- Council on Foundation’s conference in Washington DC: Washington DC, USA – April 8-12th.
Make sure to catch WINGS at the Council on Foundations Conference in April! Email Sarah to let us know you’re coming.
- First Early Childhood Education Action Congress in Paris: Paris, France – June 6-7th.
The congress, hosted by the Secretary General of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) will be held in Paris on June 6-7th, 2016. For more information and registration, visit www.eduensemble.org.
To get notifications about events straight to your inbox, make sure you subscribe to the WINGS newsletter here!
WINGS and DAFNE held a third 4Cs Meeting in Lisbon in early March.
Leaders in the sector have been attending on-going meetings to develop philanthropy infrastructure’s first self-assessment framework. In this meeting, participants from 13 different countries shared their experiences testing the draft framework.
A variety of approaches have been adopted ranging from individual work through consultation and involvement with staff and board members. For more information, please email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Meeting on the Enabling Environment for Philanthropy took place in Lisbon in early March.
Leaders in the sector gathered at the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation in Lisbon for what some considered to be the most important meeting about philanthropy in 45 years – you can find out more about it in our round up here.
- IHRFG are hiring! They are looking for a Deputy Director, as well as Membership and Communications Associates – you can find out more here.
Surveys and Proposals
- Are you attending the CoF Annual Conference in Washington D.C. April 10-12 or the CIVICUS’ International Civil Society Week in Bogota, Colombia? If yes, please take 1 minute to answer our poll by Tuesday April 5! Don´t miss the opportunity to meet and greet WINGS members in Colombia!
- We need your input! Please complete the Alliance/EFC Joint Survey – ‘Closing Space for Philanthropy?’ The purpose is to gain a better understanding of how philanthropic actors in different countries are affected by restrictions, how they are responding; and what they perceive as key drivers of restrictions. No organisation will be identified by name in the report.
- Do you have an idea for a research project that could support and advance the field of global community philanthropy? You could be eligible for $2,500-$5,000 of funding – The Global Summit on Community Philanthropy are calling for proposals around Connecting Research and Practice for Global Community Philanthropy. Find out more here.